Thursday, December 29, 2011

The hearbeat that changed our world....Part 1

One year ago today I had an early Dr appt w/ my OB.  We were scheduled to induce on Loralei's due date, Dec 30th.  I had been contracting for 2 days & was hoping she would go ahead and admit me.  However, I was only 2cm dilated & 90% ephased.  My Dr advised I go home and take some extra strength tylenol for the pain & try to get some rest before in the morning. I was a little disappointed b/c the contractions were only getting stronger. So, Chuck & I went home as instructed to endure the wait.....
When we got home I immediately took some tylenol for the pain & tried to lie down to get some rest.  I had probably only gotten 3 hours total the night before b/c the contractions had started and they kept me up.  So needless to say I was already tired but beginning stages of labor weren't allowing me any rest.  Chuck made sure I was ok and comfortable and went out back to burn some leaves.  I desperately tried to nap to no avail......the tylenol was not even slightly helping the increasing pain.  I constantly felt the need to pee as well. It was around 2:30 pm & I finally decided I wasn't getting any sleep so I got up to use the restroom.  IMMEDIATELY after using the restroom & without too many details labor had begun.  I could barely stand and it was not done without hanging on to the bathroom sink.  Chuck was still outside and at this point I am still confused as to what point I'm supposed to say "It's time!"  I called my Aunt Darlene, who has worked in the OB field for almost 20 yrs. She advised for us to head back to the hospital and asked what the status of my appt was this morning.  She told Chuck my water could possibly break on the way and to grab some towels. Labor was becoming so intense I could barely stand and I definitely could not stand upright.  Chuck grabbed our bags & loaded the truck as I dressed myself.  I finally made it to the truck & we were on our way.....


These were taken the morning before Loralei was born, Dec 29th.  Just before we headed to my last Dr Appt.

40 wks pregnant w/ Loralei Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment