Friday, December 30, 2011

Letter to Loralei.....

To My Sweet Loralei,

You're one today!  I can't believe a whole year has flown by.  It saddens my heart to think of how fast time has flown.  I have been there for everything & so afraid to miss something yet I feel like I've missed it all.

Before you were born I had always hoped for a boy first.  Mainly b/c I've always thought to myself, "I don't know what to do with a little girl."  I'm not a very girly girl, artsy craftsy & definitely not Martha Stuart by any means.  I remember my mother being ALL of those things.  I adored her. Still to this day family talks of how I was attached to her hip & wouldn't let anyone have anything to do with me, except her. I was a Mommy's girl, no doubt about that one. She was & still is, my hero.  I long to make her proud.  Feeling robbed of a mother/daughter relationship so early in life brought many fears to my heart and at the same time down deep I hoped to eventually share that mother/daughter relationship. But God knew what I NEEDED......

You entered my world.  When you took your first breath I feel like I did as well.  My life was new!  I can't explain the change that took place when you were born.  Somehow, I think you already know how strong my love is for you.  We have a very strong bond.  Knowing how much you love me and watching you express that to me the best way you possibly can is so overwhelming to me.  Sometimes you are even compared to how I was with my mother.  When you want to be loved, nurtured, held.....no one else will do.  You have to have Mommy.  I often respond, "That's ok.  She can be like that all she wants.  I hope she loves me as much as I loved my mom."  Even your first word was "Ma Ma".  Watching you learn how to give kisses & hugs is so sweet.  You can be playing to your hearts content but all of a sudden you'll look at me, crawl over to me, stand up & give me the biggest hug.  Those little arms wrap around my heart every time.  You waller on me like a pig in the mud too!  Even your Daddy can't have anything to do with you at times.  He just watches and will often say, "Gosh, she loves you."   I often wonder why you love me so much though.  I'm not sure what it is that you think is so great about me but I'm so glad you do.

Loralei, you are a beautiful little girl.  You're more than I ever dreamed of.  One of the most important things is you have always been a very healthy baby.   We've been blessed to not have to experience anything more than a fever virus & teething, so far. Everyone says you look like your daddy, except you have my blue eyes, only much much prettier.  You have the biggest most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.  The prettiest little blonde curls.  People always comment on how pretty your blue eyes are & where did you get those blonde curls. You have so much personality and make us laugh all the time.  You're so smart. Even when you were a newborn people commented on how observant you seemed to be.  You always seem to be taking EVERYTHING in.  You must get this brain from your daddy too.  You love dogs, mainly Bella.  I always say Bella is your favorite toy.  She can get your giggle box going like nothing else in this world.  You have the funniest little laugh.  I can only describe it as the fakest real laugh I've ever heard.  When you're upset, tired or got a boo boo the only thing that can make it better is Mommy.  You'll cry until I get you & once you're in my arms you immediately stop.  You wrap those little arms around my neck & play with my hair.  You have the biggest heart and so much love to give.

Loralei, being your mother is the proudest part of my existence.  You bring an indescribable joy to my soul.  I find myself praying on a daily basis that God never allows our relationship to be taken prematurely.  Not only do you need me but I need you more than you'll ever know.  You're so amazing and I'm so proud of you.
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!!!

My cup runneth over
I LOVE YOU!
Mommy





                                                          Minutes after she was born

                                                                     1 Day old

                                                                               Finally Home



3 Months 

                6 months                                                                                                         9 months

1 Year




No comments:

Post a Comment